Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Thursday, November 18, 2004

My Name is Aubrey

I'm Aubrey, I've been told. I'm not quite aware of that fact yet, as in my 6 months and 3 days of life, I've never had a name before. The nice lady I lived with up until today used to call me "Tweety Bird", I think because I have big beautiful eyes. I was born in California - actually inside a motel, which must have been a surprise to everyone - especially the motel maids when they had to clean up the room the next morning! I was 7lbs. and 11ozs in weight, so I guess I was healthy. I heard someone say I got a 9 on my APGAR. I don't know what that is, but a 9 must pretty good! I wish they'd given me a 15...cause 15 is my favorite number. Even still, they kept me in the hospital for four days. They said I was born with rugs inside me, but I don't remember seeing any rugs. They also say I have gray eyes and dirty blond hair, but it doesn't seem dirty to me. I like to throw up - a lot...especially after I eat. People call it reflux, but I call it "Blaachroioghaooidhgh". People have really strange words in this world.

Today, I woke up like every other day, and they brought me to a strange place. There were no toys or other things to play with. It seemed like they were waiting for someone to arrive, but I got tired of waiting and decided that this would be a good place to nap. So I did.

When I woke up, I was being held by this pretty lady that I'd never seen before. She had a great big smile on her face as she held me close. I smiled back at her and looked at her closely. She seemed to know me and she kissed me a lot. I liked her a lot...in fact, so much, that it didn't even bother me that my diaper was wet. Then I looked over and there was this tall man with dark spiky hair and yellow glasses. I couldn't stop staring at him, and he smiled a lot. I smiled back at him and watched as he brushed his fingers on my cheek. As they were looking at me, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the lady who called me Tweety Bird walking out. "Bye Bye Tweety!", she called out. Where could she have been going without me?

The pretty lady, who kept calling me Aubrey put me in an uncomfortable chair and carried me out to a car, where the man with the yellow glasses was waiting. She sat down in the back seat next to me and kept on smiling and telling me that she was my Mommy. I don't know what a Mommy is, since I've never had one, but if it means someone who's going to talk nice to me and smile at me and tickle my feet, I think I'll like having a Mommy.

We traveled in the car for about two miles, which must be a long long way, because all of a sudden I was hungry. I started crying and yelling because I wanted to get out of this seat and be held, and most of all, I wanted a nice bottle of that yummy white stuff. I cried for a long time. Mommy tried to coo me and play with me, and she tried to put a pacifier in my mouth, but I wouldn't have any of it. I WANT MY BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, she took me out of the seat and gave me the bottle. But get this - she actually stopped after one bottle and tried to put me on her shoulder and pat me on the back. I quickly threw up a little milk on her and started to cry again to get my point across. I think she's catching on, because she gave me another bottle. Training her is going to be easy I think....Blaachroioghaooidhgh!

Next Entry: Meeting Gramma, and Aunt & Uncle and a bunch of cousins...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aubrey, Your Daddy's post made me cry. Your Mommy and Daddy and Brother and Grandma and all your family have waited for you so long and love you soooooooo much.

    XXOO
    Aunt Pat

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to the family Aubrey! 'Your' comments made us laugh & cry, and we can't wait to meet you!!! XOXO

    Love Aunt Astrid & Uncle Dan ... Skyler can tell you all about us ... we like to give him XOXO and it drives him crazy ... you'll see :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home