Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Two Front Teeth, Solid Food & Taking a Stand

Lots of thing have been happening over the past couple weeks, and I can't wait to share them with you. But before I do that, let me just say that the pictures that will be posted tonight were all taken by my brother on his camera. He likes taking pictures and I think he's really good!

My two top teeth finally broke through last week. I thought they would never come out but they did. I now have a mean bite, so be careful to watch me if I start crawling near your feet. You know how I feel about feet in my mouth, don't ya'? Mm-kay. Don't say I didn't warn you. One of the good things about these teeth coming in, as well as a new one that came in last week on the bottom (that makes five, for those of you keeping count), is that I can now eat more solid food. Besides my usual Cheerios fix, I have been experimenting with Trix, chicken, and green beans. Yum. I hate mush food, and slowly it seems that my mommie has gotten the hint and has stopped trying to feed me so much of it. I'm much happier with a tray full of french fries, Cheerios, and chopped vegetables...preferably all at once.

I'm still doing the "soldier" crawl, as in my opinion, feet should only be used for shoving in your mouth, and not much of anything else. But to my great surprise, they had another use which I discovered last week. Thanks to my continual jumping in my jumper, I'd gotten use to supporting my weight on my legs, and when Mommie went to put me down in front of the couch, I was actually standing! I used my hands to balance myself on the couch, but for a few moments of bliss, I was able to view the world from a hold different angle! Since then, I've gotten brave. If you don't come to my crib fast enough, I'll pull myself up on it and stand up. I'll also do that if I'm in my playpen (i.e. baby prison). Unlike my cute cousin David, I'm not afraid to plop back down on my butt, and from what everyone is saying (while they think I don't understand), I will probably be standing without help and walking pretty soon! I may skip the "real" crawling all together - which is fine with me, because the last thing I want is dusty knees. First though, I think I'll have to conquer my habit of trying to stand on my tip-toes. It just seems so unlady-like to stand flat-footed.

I'm still gagging myself pretty much 24/7. If I'm jumping in my jumper, I'll shove my fist in my mouth and extend my fingers....while I'm jumping. So with every jump you hear the music of the jumper, followed by a "AYCHH!" and repeated endlessly. If you take my fist out of my mouth, I'll just put it back in again. Sometimes if you put a binkie in my mouth, it'll keep me happy for a while, but pretty much I'll spit it out after about a minute. I haven't made myself throw up yet, but I've come pretty close a few times. I'm sorry. I can't help myself. I like to gag. Really. Why else would I be doing it?

The dog has become more entertaining with each passing day. She makes me giggle all the time, and if I'm crawling and my destination isn't the dog dish or the magazine rack, you can pretty much guarantee that I'm crawling towards the dog. Sometimes I actually get over to her, but most of the time, she walks away before I arise. Party-pooper.

Speaking of the dog dish, last week I was able to crawl to it before anyone caught wind of me. I was actually able to get a nugget of dog food in my mouth! I didn't understand what the big deal was. It was hard and crunchy and felt good on my gums. Then I bit into it just before my Daddy pulled the pieces out of my mouth, yelling "Oh God! No! You're So Gross!". My face told the whole story. It was really really really disgusting. For all you babies reading this blog, let me give you some first-hand advice. Dog food is yucky with a capital "y". I stuck my tongue out so that Daddy could wipe it clean - and that's not something I normally do, but I refused to put my tongue back into my mouth until that nasty stuff was gone! Of course, that experience hasn't prevented me from continuing to travel towards that magical dog dish - because I know that somewhere in all those nice brown and red colors, there has to be a snack that I'll find yummy. Tonight, Mommie put a kiddie fence in front of it, so that I couldn't get to it. I was frustrated, but it didn't stop me from pulling the fence (which was balanced on the wall and a chair) down on myself. That'll teach them to mess with my happiness. Luckily it's a plastic fence thingee, so it didn't hurt - but it proved to me that parents aren't as smart as they think. Let that be my word of wisdom for the day to you other Mommie's and Daddy's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home