Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Falling Asleep on Daddy

OK...It's official now. I love my Daddy. He was a new experience, since I've never had or seen a Daddy before. The lady that took care of me for my first six months wasn't married, but always had five foster kids. So I was fully prepared for my Big Brother and my gazillion cousins and fellow neighbor kids, but having someone around with a stubbly face was a big surprise. I now make it an effort to smile at him every time he walks into the room, and when he's in the room, I can barely avert my eyes from the glory that is his yellow glasses and shiny white teeth. He had me laying on his lap tonight, with my feet resting on his tummy. He started playing patty-cake with my feet instead of my hands, and me being a freak about my own beautiful "non-Flinstone" long-toed feet (as you know by now), I cooed and giggled the whole time. It didn't last very long, because after a couple minutes of watching me feet, I could no longer control myself and attempted to shove my entire foot into my mouth....mmmm....Aubrey toes....yummy....

Also, earlier today, Daddy was singing to me. Not an actual song, mind you, but narrative set to song, like "Let's put on a shirt...la la la la la....where'd your sockies go?....la la la la la." He did this for a long time, and I smiled and cooed the entire time to make sure he didn't stop. He tried to convince Mommy to join in, but she only sings to me when Daddy's not around....usually Celine Dion songs. Please Mom...no more Celine Dion. Three days with you, and already I know that my life will be SOOOO much better if Celine Dion disappeared from your song list.

Tonight, Daddy was watching basketball again, and I sat in my little vibrating chair near him. I cheered and made lots of noises with him, as he called out to the players. Obviously he doesn't know that the people inside the TV can't hear him, because he insists on coaching every single play. But it was fun watching all the people running around bouncing a ball. Then I sat in his lap and had a bottle of Isomil...mmm....Isomil....and after he burped me, I started to fall asleep on his shoulder again. I've decided that I like falling asleep on his shoulder, and I'm gonna do it a LOT. Mommy ruined it by taking me upstairs to my crib before I fell asleep. So to teach her a lesson, I refused to go to sleep and stayed up another 30 minutes. She'll know better next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home