Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Friday, November 19, 2004

Thursday - Part 2

So, finally, after a LONG car ride, I arrived at my Gramma's house. My mommy carried me into the house and she put me on Gramma's lap. Gramma seemed very happy to see me, and I sure liked the fact that she was soft and snuggly just like me. Then I met my Aunt Marie and my Uncle Larry and a big giant cousin with a green beret named Chris. I'm shocked that I even know what a beret is...jeez..I've got some vocabulary for a baby. They were all really nice too. I was starting to feel real welcome. Little did I know that in a few minutes, two of my little cousins - Bri and Matt were going to walk in the door and start pressing my nose like I was a clown. Did they expect that it would make an "AAOOGAH!" noise? Once Mommy set them straight, I liked them a whole lot better! My Aunt Lori was there too...she was kind of loud, but nice words always sound good when said a little louder. We didn't stay very long, and once again Mommy and Daddy brought me to the car, and finally we were on my way to see my new house. Would it be big? Would it be small? Would it smell like cookies? Would it be filled and piled 8 feet high all around with Isomil formula? (I hope...I hope...I hope....)

Daddy drove the car into this great big hole in the front of the house and then we all got out. Daddy carried all the stuff (and there was a lot of stuff - I don't travel light, you know.) while Mommy carried me. When we got inside of the house, there was this strange black and white fuzzy thing that was jumping all around. I heard it was a puppy, but it's almost as big as me! At first, I wasn't really impressed, since it wasn't holding a bottle or a pacifier for me. Then all of a sudden it let out a big "YIP!" and if I hadn't already crapped my diaper earlier - trust me - I'd have crapped again. I got really scared and I screamed my bloody head off! (Wait..I said my "bloody" head..I wonder if I'm British?)

A few minutes later, Mommy brought me outside to meet all the neighbors and all the ladies "oohed" and "aahed" at me. Oh golly, five minutes here, and already I've got the entire neighborhood wrapped around my little finger. Even the kids strained to look at me and touch me...sure hope that the boys didn't have cooties!

In a few minutes, there was a big boy and a big girl that walked over to me. My Mom told me that they were my big brother and my cousin. My big brother couldn't stop smiling, and he gave me a kiss. Knowing I have a brother this big already made me feel very safe - and the fact that he loves me is icing on the cake....mmmm...cake....I can't wait for teeth. We all went back in the house and Daddy took a lot of pictures. Then that evil puppy licked my hand. That's it. I'm tired. I'm grumpy...and now I have a wet hand. It was time to throw a fit..and did I ever! Mommy got the hint, and carried me up to my big giant room. The room looked very pretty, but I wasn't about to let Mommy know that. I was still mad about the dog spit on my hand. She laid me down for a nap, and I soon fell asleep and dreamed of a land where puppys spit out Soy milk.

After I woke up, the rest of the night was spent eating, napping, crying, eating some more, crying some more, leaving my mark on a few diapers, and planning how I was going to rule this family. I don't think it's going to take much - they all seem like easy marks. I slept through the entire night in a beautiful house filled with a bunch of people who, despite the fact that they've only known me a few hours, have become my family. I like having a family...and once I pull a few whiskers off of that puppy, I think I'll have everything under control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home