Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Monday, November 29, 2004

Golden Showers, New Teeth & Fruity Mush

It's now official. My Daddy loves me a whole lot. Today, while I was sitting on his lap, my diaper (which was not fastened correctly, as I like to turn sideways before it's completely attached) sprung a leak, and I peed all over his pants. He ran frantically to find Mommy, so that she could change me, while he ran to get undressed and shower. This was after I had thrown up on three of his shirts today. Since I'm still here, I can only assume that he either a) loves me, or b) is a glutton for humiliation.

Also, I have been an evil bitch for the last couple days, as I am breaking in two new bottom teeth. I don't know why I need them. I haven't had teeth before, and my life has been just fine. I hate the taste of OraJel, I hate the taste of Baby Motrin worse, and I don't like to hold that refrigerated plastic thingee that they keep putting in my mouth. I won't nap unless I'm laying on Mommy or Daddy, and if I do, I'll only nap for a few minutes at a time. They look really tired, but that's what they get for wishing for a baby.

In the last two days, I have tasted three new flavors of mush. The first is squash, which is kinda yummy, but not terribly exciting. The second is banana, which is just plain gross. I'll eat it, but I won't enjoy it. The third is peaches, which I love a lot. Unfortunately, the consistency of the peaches is really thin, which means, thanks to my reflux, it doesn't stay down very well. Figures that the stuff I don't like, sits like a rock in my stomach.

On Saturday, I was supposed to go see my friend Marge, who lives by the beach. But it was cloudy and cold and yucky, and since I was running a fever (thanks to those stupid, useless teeth coming in) I had to stay home. Boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg. The best part of Saturday was watching the first few minutes of Harry Potter's new DVD that night. Lots of colors and sounds and action!

Mommy spent Sunday putting up all the Christmas lights while Daddy watched me. She was up on the roof, and kept calling out to me, but to see her would have required me to look up, and that was just WAY too much work. (See the "evil bitch" comment in paragraph two for the reason behind this.) Bobby came over and did his best to entertain me for a few minutes, and Bobby's mommy and Teaser both held me for a little while today so that Daddy could get a smoke break. The rest of the day was spent watching football and making loud obnoxious noises. I've decided that Sunday's are boring....there is way too much stuff going on that keeps me from getting 100% of the attention 100% of the time.

Well, that's it! Hope your weekend was fun!

Final Barf Count: 3 Mommy shirts, 3 Daddy Shirts, 1 Mommy Pajama Shirt, 1 Daddy Jeans, 1 Daddy Leather Jacket, 1 Couch, 2 Spots on the Rug, and 4 Aubrey Outfits. Pretty good, huh?!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger SuperP. said…

    Just when I thought life could not get any worse than Colick, along came teething! There is the subsequent phases of attempting get-somewhere-on-their-own, (which is cute, except for the screaming face plants every few knee-crawls) and then, my personal favorite: The Terrible Twos. (Brings out my own inner-two-year-old.)
    But, wow, once Teething is over, it really does get better. Teething is Terrible!! Nothing is worse, Lil' Aubrey, just think, soon you'll have a mouth full of sharp objects and if then it's all roses and sunshine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home