Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Xmas Lights, Solid Poop & A Bouncy Saucer

Mommy has decorated the entire outside of the house with beautiful lights. It's seem like the entire North Pole has been relocated to my front yard. She hasn't done the inside yet, but I can't wait to have my first view of a Christmas tree up close and personal. I think that with a couple of good yanks, I'll have it horizontal in no time at all. Speaking of the North Pole, it has been very very very cold here. Since this is my first winter, and since my memory at this age is very short-term, I can only imagine that we live in some sort of Tundra. I just woke up a few minutes ago, and overheard Daddy saying it was 41 degrees. I think I'll make a snow angel in the living room in a little while! Today, we all took a trip to Wal Mart. What a wonderful big place that was, with lots of people bustling about, and cheaply-made articles of every size and shape. Mommy and Daddy bought me a bouncy saucer that I just love. It allows me to stand up and turn around and play with a bunch of cool little toys. I spent close to fifteen minutes in it today, until my legs got tired, and I think I'm gonna' play in it again tomorrow. Once my legs build up some strength I hope to be crawling soon...right now I basically roll where ever I want to go. The only problem is that furniture keeps stopping me, and I keep getting stuck halfway under the table, requiring immediate rescue - lest my eardrum-piercing screams destroy time and space as we know it.

On another topic, I am continuing to eat mush on a more regular basis. Sweet Potato Mush (SPM) is still my favorite flavor, so I get that alot. Suprisingly, as much as I hate Banana Mush, Mommy put a real banana in a little device that allows me to suck on it through a little mesh bag. Now THAT'S a banana! I liked it very much, and am hoping that she sticks a nice juicy steak in that little bag very soon. As a result of my mush eating, my poops are getting solid - and extremely stinky. Mommy and Daddy seem to walk around in a daze for a few minutes after changing poopie diapers, and fanning the air around them non-stop...I think this is funny. I'm stinky...and I'm proud - here me roar!

I fell asleep tonight at 6pm, and even though everyone expected me to wake up 20 minutes later, I threw them all a curve and slept until 1am. Now I'm wide awake, and raring to go - so I decided to post. I put up some new pictures - check out my hat!!! Also, check out my handsome brother, who is being very loving with me. According to Daddy, it will be my brother's job to beat up any boy who even thinks of kissing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home