Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Hair. I like Hair. And Necklaces. And Dogs

I've just discovered my hair. I reached my little hand up to the top of my head, and found this beautiful soft hair. At first, I wasn't sure that it wasn't another stupid hat Mommie had put on my head. So just to make sure, I gave it a good pull. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Ok...for sure it was my hair. Now, most of you would think that after a traumatic experience like that, you'd learn your lesson. But not me....no, sir....I didn't even let go of my hair after I pulled it. I just hung on, because I was sure that if I pulled on it again, it surely wouldn't hurt. WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! A handful of little hairs later, I think I've finally got the drift. I have hair. It's very pretty hair, and very long just in the middle of my head. And if you pull it, it hurts like the dickens. There's no way I'll do that again.....today.

I'm becoming more curious about my immediate surroundings now. If someone is holding me, I am playing close attention to their hands (which should be yummy binkies, but they won't let me stuff them in my mouth). I also like shiny things like earrings and necklaces. They taste good in my mouth, and they feel good as I'm yanking on them. Especially the necklaces. If they could make a necklace that tastes like McDonald's french fries, I would be one very happy girl.

I'm smiling a lot more, especially now that I'm only marginally sick. I still get some occassional coughing fits, but for the most part seem to be over the flu. The top teeth haven't broken through either, but that pain comes and goes. The only way Mommie and Daddy can tell when my gums are hurting, is when they are holding me, and I'm all happy and gurgling and cooing...and then I SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS, with my mouth wide open and for a moment no sound is coming out. That's my secret code for, "Get me some EFFING Orajel, and get it now before I use my ninja skills on your skinny ass!".

I'm also laughing more. I'm laughing at just about everything, as everything seems funny to me all of a sudden. Especially the dog. The dog can just be sitting there, and his ear will twitch, and I'll lose it. I'll start giggling like a fool. If he's chasing his tail or playing with a chew toy, then you can be assured that I'm laughing at him. It's fun being a non-sick baby, and I hope to never ever be sick again.

That's all for now....more pictures to come soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger SuperP. said…

    Get me some EFFING Orajel, and get it now before I use my ninja skills on your skinny ass!". = LMAO!!! Honestly, I haven't been through many phases (Oee is only 2.5), but teething was the worst. I'd go through childbirth and/or colick again. You have my sympathies! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home