Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Singing, A New Friend & Rug Burns

I've learned how to sing. I love music, and for the past 8 months I have carefully paid attention to every song I've heard. Amazingly enough, the words to every single song are "Ba ba ba ba. Ba ba ba ba. BA BA BA BA. ba Ba ba Ba." I sing these lyrics and I kick my legs, and the louder I sing, the prettier it sounds. If you sing to me, I'll sing along with you. Please study the lyrics, so that you too can sing the Ba Ba songs with me without making me angry. If you know how to whistle, I will stare in disbelief and pay rapt attention to you. I don't know if I'll ever learn to speak "Bird-ese", but apparently a lot of people speak the lingo...especially my Daddy, who can whistle a happy tune 24/7 and keep me very happy.

I have a new friend. She looks almost EXACTLY like me. I only see her when I wake up in the morning, as she lives in the mirror that is across from my crib. After I wake up, if you come and peek in, you will see that with one hand, I am pushing down the crib border to give me a clear view of the mirror where my friend lives. As I hold down that square pillow, I am talking....continuously talking to my friend - who amazingly enough can anticipate what I'm going to say before I say it, so that she says the EXACT same words as me AS I'M SAYING THEM! I am so lucky that her crib has a clear view of mine...We have fun together speaking the Ba Ba language, singing Ba Ba songs, and experimenting with other sounds.

I love my jumper. I have a jumper that has bungee cord ties on to it, so when I push up on my legs, it jumps and jumps and jumps. I am laughing and giggling the whole time that I am hurling myself through the upper atmosphere. But lately, I've been experimenting...Why stop with just jumping up and down? If I angle myself correctly, I can propel myself backwards and forwards while I'm going up and down. It's like a crazy Mad Hatter ride, and one that would normally make people throw up by the violent motion....but I like it...I reaaaaaallllllllllly like it. Apparently though, the backwards and forwards motion has done major damage to a few of my pajama feet...wearing nice holes that allow my cute toes to breathe (and heaven knows that they need to breathe badly). At first, Mommie and Daddy seemed concerned that I had little scabs on the tops of my toes, and then they figured it out. They are rug burns from me using this jumper. They don't bother me, as I'm one tough broad, but apparently, they are going to have to make sure that I either have shoes on, or that I'm not wearing thin pajama feetsies. Soon, Daddy will post a short video of me on my jumper. Apparently, the videos he has have way too much bandwidth and the files are too large. He's insanely smart, and the only person I know who'll understand what I just said. No matter....once he figures it out, you'll be able to see me in all my bungee jumping glory. Ta Ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home