Lil' Aubrey

The day to day ramblings of a newly adopted 6-month old girl, and all the wacky things that make up her life. If you even mention the fact that I'm too young to have a blog, I'm gonna' get cranky. You wouldn't like me cranky!

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Getting Sick Sucks

I've never been sick before...never even had an ear infection...honest. Now, I will never be able to admit the first comment, and I'm sure that the second part will soon be history as well. I'm sick. I've got some kind of cold, and I'm sneezing and coughing and my nose is plugged up so that I can't breath. This makes life especially hard for Mommy and Daddy, as I'm spitting up milk as I drink my bottle, I can't have a binkie in my mouth for long, and whenever I lay flat, I start making gurgling noises out of my nose. Mommy tried giving me Infant Tylenol Cold, but it's cherry flavored. I've decided that I don't like cherry flavored medicine. I've already learned that when that little eye-dropper comes near me, you...must...clench...mouth...ever...so...tightly. It took two doses tonight to get me to swallow it, as the first dose was barfed right back up on Mommy - that'll teach her. Nothing appeases me now. Nothing makes me happy except for those few moments when my sinuses clear when I'm sitting up.

Furthermore, (man, I love 'dem big words) I've decided that unless I'm being held or I am being stared at and talked to, I'm going to scream my head off. No tears mind you...just screaming. They must learn that I...must...be...the...center...of...attention...at...all...times. The only times that I make exception to this rule is when I'm in my swing. Though initially (anuder big word, wow! two in the same post!) I didn't particularly like the swing, today it was pretty cool, and I fell asleep in it twice while "Rock-a-Bye Baby" played in the background. Who thought of this creepy song anyways? "Down will come cradle, baby and all!" Does the vision of falling to my death seem like something I'm going to want to fall asleep too? You guys are sick.sick.sick.

On another note, Mommy put up the Xmas tree today, and it seems curiously like plastic. I was really looking forward to that Pine tree kind of scent in the living room, but there is something comforting in the fact that the tree smells just like my crib liner. The tree is 9-feet tall, but of course, to someone like me, it seems a hundred feet taller. I like to stare at it with all the pretty lights. I can't wait until she puts on all the bulbs and the other colored lights. Christmas sure looks like it's going to be a pretty holiday...it's already a big improvement on Labor Day, which I didn't understand nor particularly enjoy. (3 - count 'em - 3 big words in one post - I am a friggin' genius!!!!)

New pictures will be posted soon, as "those who walk erectly" have been neglectful in their photography duties lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home